Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Week 1 CPR Marathon Training - Good first start to a long road ahead.


Thursday tempo run. Nothing to write home about as I didn't go too far.


Saturday LSD run. I ran with Osty and Tyler and we ran a pretty decent pace, got to Misercordia hospital and did the Middle Gate loop, with Tyler going further to the 16km mark, so I ran back with Osty and we took it nice and easy. My hands were starting to freeze on the way back as I think with this constant -30 windchill, I'll have to run with my leather mittens as it makes running very difficult for me when my hands start to freeze.

Good first week of training, no aches and pains and doing Yoga on the Wednesday along with calisthenics on the Monday has helped keep my core strong and body limber. I'm going to have to start looking into nutrition, even though I don't think I eat bad, but I'd like to start losing a little bit more weight before race day.