Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

April 2015 > 21 - 26 Running Days

April 21, 2015 @ 6:46 PM


Wk 14 Fargo Marathon Training 50km NW wind gusts. So f'n annoying trying to build up any speed. I was literally leaning steep into the headwind, and tried my best to burn it up at the tailwind. Still cold as my legs were all cramping up. My right hip was sore and my calves were tight. And I was running out of time as I had to get back home to do some driving...first world problems.

Have to remember the reason I'm training is because it's actually fun. The end goal is I get to hang out with the CPR gang in Fargo and have a good time.

10.76 kmDistance
5:36 min/kmAvg Pace
673 CCalories
1:00:17Time
2 mElev Gain
142 bpmAvg HR
153 bpmMax HR
180 spmAvg Cadence
194 spmMax Cadence

April 22, 2015 @ 9:58 PM


Wk 14 Fargo Marathon Training 8 Miler. Long day at work and a lot of driving the family here and there, and then there was the Jets game. I headed out at the 2nd period when it was still 1-1 vs the Ducks.

Unsurprisingly cold night at -2C and I was only wearing my Hind baselayer and running vest and tights. Good thing I also wore toque and gloves. Glad there was no wind out as I was able to comfortably crank out a decent pace at my z2 HR and keep up a great cadence. Side of my right leg still feels tight, but the other aches and pains have subsided. Last week of heavy training then I go into taper and let my legs and body heal and also get in a lot of much needed sleep and nutrition.

13.00 kmDistance
5:38 min/kmAvg Pace
815 CCalories
1:13:14Time
5 mElev Gain
144 bpmAvg HR
189 bpmMax HR
186 spmAvg Cadence
197 spmMax Cadence

April 25, 2015 @ 8:03 AM


Wk 14 Fargo Marathon Training 10 Miler. This was probably one of my favorite runs to date. I had a little achilles ache on my lower right (as per usual) but this time it did not bother me through the whole run.

A couple of issues was sleep as I stayed up too late the night before this and only got in 4.5 hrs of sleep which is NOT good and I haven't been eating too well the past 2 days as I've been on course for my work and I find those stressful as opposed to actually doing my job. Ran with Barry, Dan, Ron and Doug and the pace was absolutely perfect. 

Started so nice and easy but judging from my HR it looks like I was close to a heart attack, but my effort felt very easy (this is probably akin to very little sleep and stress with the high HR). This time I trusted my effort more than my HR monitor and just ran, especially on the way back with Barry as we started blasting out the splits going negative the last 3 miles and I didn't feel strained until the last mile where I blasted a 7:36/mi or 4:44/km.

16.49 kmDistance
5:34 min/kmAvg Pace
1,180 CCalories
1:31:57Time
19 mElev Gain
187 bpmAvg HR
215 bpmMax HR
180 spmAvg Cadence
212 spmMax Cadence

April 26, 2015 @ 4:07 PM


Wk14 - 11 mile easy Recovery run.

This is my last real long mileage run before Fargo marathon. I'll just do 6-8-10 miles then completely taper the week of the marathon. 

The focus of this run was just to be out and about, no pressure and just enjoy the nice weather. I picked up an Ultimate Direction Scott Jurek vest from CityPark Runners yesterday and I wanted to try it out. Instead of using the water bottles I put in a water bladder from a HydraPak kit I got over the winter. Vest was comfortable and I packed some gels, eload discs my phone, debit card and some cash and an extra long sleeve shirt incase it got cool at the end of my run. Ran my normal route to Kildona Park, ran once around the park then along the river bank and went home. I turned off the GPS at the 11 mile mark and just walked the rest of the way nice and easy. Picked up a choc milk at the gas station for a recovery drink on the way home and just relaxed.

17.60 kmDistance
6:52 min/kmAvg Pace
1,139 CCalories
2:00:59Time
17 mElev Gain
143 bpmAvg HR
215 bpmMax HR
175 spmAvg Cadence
224 spmMax Cadence




No comments:

Post a Comment