Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

April 2015 > 14 - 18 Running Days

April 14, 2015 @ 6:58 PM

Wk 13 Fargo Marathon Hill training.


The only real hill in Winnipeg...ugh. But the training is real and the effort is grand. Looks like my HR was exploding out of my chest, but it was my effort that I kept steady and cadence still pretty high. I'm pretty sure I'm pretty much deep into over-trainingville. Hope I'm not dead for the next day.

7.67 kmDistance
5:15 min/kmAvg Pace
539 CCalories
40:16Time
53 mElev Gain
190 bpmAvg HR
211 bpmMax HR
179 spmAvg Cadence
209 spmMax Cadence

April 15, 2015 @ 7:16 PM


HR shooting through the roof. Don't know what the hell is wrong. My effort didn't feel hard during any point in the run. I couldn't get it down to 160bpm so I quit the run and will restart a little later.
8.26 kmDistance
6:26 min/kmAvg Pace
601 CCalories
53:07Time
6 mElev Gain
178 bpmAvg HR
216 bpmMax HR
173 spmAvg Cadence
194 spmMax Cadence

@ 9:20 PM
Ok, something is wrong. This is the second run of the exact route I ran earlier this evening. The first run I thought was an anomaly as my HR was just shooting through the roof. This second run has confirmed my suspicion that I'm into Over Training mode. It's probably a culmination of last nights hill workout, and I'm still sick (have had this headcold and cough for the past 3 weeks) and the wind has been very gusty at 40km/h. I'm going to have to take the next couple of days off again to reset as this has been very frustating final month in trying to complete this training cycle in good health. 

8.94 kmDistance
6:35 min/kmAvg Pace
542 CCalories
58:51Time
4 mElev Gain
158 bpmAvg HR
207 bpmMax HR
167 spmAvg Cadence
210 spmMax Cadence

Final thoughts: Split 2x5 mile runs last night as I was wondering WTH is going on as my first run I noticed my HR just shooting through the roof. Cut the run short had a recovery drink rested and then reset an hour and half later. Only to find out that yeah...I must be edging deep into Over Training land. I couldn't get my HR under my z2 threshold even when I was walking. I'm thinking since I've already put in over 500 miles since Jan, my body is adjusting to this volume of mileage. I'm going to adjust my training now since I'm so close to race day. I'll concentrate on quality workouts and mileage and get in a lot of recovery instead of pounding out the mileage for mileage sakes.

April 18, 2015 @ 9:11 AM


Wk 13 Fargo marathon training 20 miler. I wish I could say this gets easier, but I still don't feel a 100%  when I go into these LSD's or even 80%. More like 65% as I just can't get rid of this head cold. 

Needless to say, this 20 miler was a little faster that my previous attempts. I tested out Hammer Heed as my electrolyte drink and I found that helped me get through a lot of the rough patches in the run. Used up 5 gels and ate 1/2 a strawberry powerbar at the 13 mile mark. Feet felt ok through most of the run. The hard parts were running into the SE head wind. Got in a little hill training in the middle of the run too, so that was pretty good. All in all relentless forward progress.

32.50 kmDistance
6:32 min/kmAvg Pace
1,884 CCalories
3:32:27Time
35 mElev Gain
135 bpmAvg HR
187 bpmMax HR
180 spmAvg Cadence
213 spmMax Cadence

@ 10:30 PM Learned something today. After  this morning's 20miler I wasn't feeling sore, more had a headache than anything. It was only after I started eating and getting my calories back did I start feeling better. The other thing was in the morning I didn't have a cup of coffee and didn't really have any caffeine until late in the day. I'm thinking I was having a caffeine withdrawl after the run. I have to keep practicing my pre and post-race eating habits in order to get all this training dialed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment