Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 2015 > 24 - 31 Running Days

March has been the biggest month volume wise for mileage. I wanted to run 200 miles (322km) and see if my body could handle the load. And my final thoughts were, I think I pushed too much which lead to some injuries, especially my right achilles as I have this nagging twinge that flares up during the run. In the morning is difficult as the ache is the worse where I'm limping my way around the house for the first bit.

March 24, 2015 @ 7:08 PM


WK 10 LT Paced run Fargo marathon training. Raining and snowing at the same time so I was soaked to the bone. Got in a 9 miler at LT pace, felt good. Only problem for this run were my shoes. I wore my new Asics trail shoes and I was experiencing the morton's nueroma issues again and even though they were wide, it didn't feel wide enough like the Altra's. Will have to go back to CPR and get another pair.

14.42 kmDistance
5:25 min/kmAvg Pace
1,000 CCalories
1:18:11Time
4 mElev Gain
150 bpmAvg HR
159 bpmMax HR
184 spmAvg Cadence
203 spmMax Cadence

March 25, 2015 @ 6:44 PM

WK 10 Over-Training syndrome Recovery Run. I think I'm on the cusp of over-training. I went out to do my planned recovery run, but when I got outside I immediately noticed after the first mile/half that I was really off. 

Even though I was within my recovery paces, every part of my body was just sore. The worse part was my right achilles. Normally the dull ache would go away after a km, but this time it persisted through the whole run and at times flared up noticeably when I was trying to lengthen or shorten my stride. 

Keeping my cadence up over 180spm helped alleviate the pain but I think it's prudent to take tomorrow's training session off, I have Friday as a normal day off and I'll see how I feel Saturday. If I feel good Saturday, I'll only run to Misery for an 8miler as I want to accomplish the 22 mile LSD on Sunday.

6.41 kmDistance
6:42 min/kmAvg Pace
441 CCalories
42:57Time
3 mElev Gain
129 bpmAvg HR
135 bpmMax HR
183 spmAvg Cadence
215 spmMax Cadence

March 28 2015 @ 8:02 AM

Wk10 Easy run to Misery Fargo marathon training. After taking 2 days off to heal up this nagging achilles pain I was able to go at this run at a nice easy pace with Barry along the Wellington Path to Misercordia hospital. Great positive was I was running at a faster pace, great cadence and perfect zone2 HR.  Even running an 8:41mi/5:26km split was at that nice even z2. If I can keep that z2 working throughout the first 20 miles of the marathon at that pace, I'll be able to break sub 4. Things are gettting close and achilles pain has subsided. :)

12.36 kmDistance
5:49 min/kmAvg Pace
819 CCalories
1:11:51Time
18 mElev Gain
140 bpmAvg HR
162 bpmMax HR
179 spmAvg Cadence
238 spmMax Cadence

March 29, 2015 @ 8:30 AM

Man, I can't believe how frustrating this run got. Felt good but I was struggling against the NW wind which was just blasting against me. Plus I realized I wasn't going to have the time to finish anywhere near 20miles at the rate I was going so I just cut it short and will wait out the weather later this afternoon. Too bad there's no category Bullshit for Event Type.

5.36 kmDistance
6:02 min/kmAvg Pace
342 CCalories
32:22Time
1 mElev Gain
139 bpmAvg HR
187 bpmMax HR
175 spmAvg Cadence
196 spmMax Cadence

@ 4:16 PM


Wk Fargo Marathon training LSD. This was an interval workout of me going 2km at easy pace, then 32mins of running going at a pace between 5:20 - 5:45/km x 6. 

I got to 3 and 3/4 before I blew up and just stopped the timer walked to Pita Pit, drank choc milk, ate chicken breast pita and then walked 4km home to loosen the legs. I'm going to change the interval timing to 20 mins and 2 min walk and see how that goes. Learned I can handle hammer gels, but can't eat eload discs as that was making my stomach quesy. Or maybe I was just hungry, because I don't think I fueled properly pre-run.

26.00 kmDistance
6:02 min/kmAvg Pace
1,732 CCalories
2:37:06Time
288 mElev Gain
151 bpmAvg HR
193 bpmMax HR
178 spmAvg Cadence
202 spmMax Cadence

March 31, 2015 @ 7:05 PM


Wk11 CPR Time Trial Fargo marathon training. Was feeling really tight at the beginning, but glad I got in a good warm up and workout prior to the time trial. I was able to stay mid-pack with Paul, Courtney, Becky and Josh. By the time we got to the Zoo parking lot, Josh broke away and Paul and I broke away from Courtney and Becky. But surprise, surprise Erick comes sneaking by along with Bruce and they started pulling away at the cricket field. It was around here I drafted behind Paul and stayed with him to the bridge but started falling apart. Paul urged me on and I was able to do a final kick only 2 seconds behind him. Not bad, but so far my fastest. Main thing that was going through my brain from the zoo parking lot on..."Keep turning your legs" "Don't lose your shit" "Breathe, breathe, breathe..." "Don't lose your shit"

4.78 kmDistance
4:38 min/kmAvg Pace
315 CCalories
22:11Time
mElev Gain
167 bpmAvg HR
181 bpmMax HR
183 spmAvg Cadence
200 spmMax Cadence

No comments:

Post a Comment