Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

I Love LA - February 9 - 11 2015

And when the palm trees bow their heads...
No matter how cruel I've been
LA...you always let me back in...
~Rilo Kiley



February 9 - 11 2015

I'm so sick of winter. So tired of the cold and running in the cold. So tired of being tired and just completely depleted of any joy as I grind out day after day. I couldn't shake this feeling of grey and it was my friend Osty who brought it up to me in mid January and told me I was really "OFF" that I've lost my Zen. I spoke with my boss at work about this and how I needed to get away for awhile. He told me to log online and book a flight and see how I feel about it the moment I hit accept. 

And after contacting my brother-in-law and asking him if I can visit Los Angeles, I booked my flight. I landed at LAX on February 8, 2015 at 11:30 AM PST. That first day my brother and I took off to Big Bear Lake to get in some snowboarding...how ironic to get away from the frigid north of Canada, only to head up into the mountains of California to snowboard.

Here are my running adventures while in California:

February 9, 2015



Big Bear Lake, CA

Woke up early to run around a trail near Big Bear Lake. Just a nice easy run, not worried about cadence or heartrate and taking in the sites and sounds. The elevation gain was pretty neat.
12.16 kmDistance
6:30 min/kmAvg Pace
770 CCalories
1:19:06Time
219 mElev Gain
139 bpmAvg HR
155 bpmMax HR
165 spmAvg Cadence 
255 spmMax Cadence


February 10, 2015



Ran from KoreaTown up to Griffith Park. This was a complete uphill climb and super fun.
11.93 kmDistance
6:45 min/kmAvg Pace
885 CCalories
1:20:27Time
315 mElev Gain





February 11, 2015



This was a fun run from KoreaTown to La Brea Tar Pits all the way to Beverly Hills.
16.17 kmDistance
6:24 min/kmAvg Pace
1,222 CCalories
1:43:26Time
39 mElev Gain






No comments:

Post a Comment